In honor of its 25th year, The Roundtable Association of Diocesan Social Action Directors, in addition to the Fagan Award which has been awarded since 1987, implemented a second award- The Roundtable Servant of Justice Award. The Servant of Justice Award honors a Roundtable member or former member who has made unique contributions to the achievement of the Catholic vision of social justice in her/his diocese or region.
Servant of Justice Award
The criteria for being selected as a recipient of this award include:
Their work will:
- have made an impact on significant numbers of persons, or set a precedent or example which affected many
- have led to progress toward eliminating social, economic, or political injustice or discrimination
- have led to progress toward guaranteeing basic human dignity and rights as defined in Catholic social teaching
They will have shown evidence of linking faith and justice, in light of Catholic social teaching, through education which leads to action (advocacy, empowerment, and organizing) on issues, policies, or social structures that contribute to the building of God’s kingdom on earth.
- 2010: Joanne Welter (Tucson)
- 2011: Tom Allio (Cleveland)
- 2012: Msgr. Marvin Mottet (Davenport)
- 2013: George Horton (New York)
- 2014: Barbara Budde, Robert Gorman, Rob Shelledy, and Scott Cooper
- 2015: Dee Rowland
- 2016: Tom Ulrich